Author Topic: Turkey's new school curriculum drops evolution and will teach concept of jihad  (Read 91 times)

Bratwurst Boy

• Administrator
  • ...and the Helmet
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Turkey's new school curriculum drops Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and adds the concept of jihad as patriotic in spirit.

The move has fuelled fears President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is subverting the republic's secular foundations.

The chairman of a teachers' union has described the changes as a huge step in the wrong direction for Turkey's schools and an attempt to avoid raising "generations who ask questions".....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-school-curriculum-teach-jihad-concept-drop-evolution-science-muslim-islam-a7848176.html

Bye, bye modern european Turkey....welcome third world, dirt poor, dumb, backward theocracy!

Just a matter of time now before a new wave of Turks is packing their bags to look for better shores elsewhere (preferable Germany) as long as it's far away from Erdoganistan....

Rock

• Trusted Member
Have you ever shared any positive news about Turkey BB ?  ;D

Torq

• Administrator
Teach jihad at schools? State run, secular schools? In Turkey? What is happening in the world these days?  :(

Rock

• Trusted Member
Do not panic. Turkey is secular and will stay secular  :)

Torq

• Administrator
I hope so, Rocki, but you must admit that teaching jihad at schools sounds a bit dodgy to say the least.

Rock

• Trusted Member
Jihad is considered as defending your country in case of an attack by non-muslims. Do not think it as salefi-wahhabi version.

Universities goes on teaching Darwin's theory.

Erdoğan hate is more in Germans than Turks. It is because Turkey is aware of her power and do not bow in front of west  ;)

Erdoğan is supported by nationalists in Turkey. Nationalists are secular. Erdoğan started to tell how a great man Atatürk was ;)

He realized the facts of Turkey and knows that he can only be a islamic democrat like christian democrats . No more  8)

Bratwurst Boy

• Administrator
  • ...and the Helmet
Erdoğan hate is more in Germans than Turks.

Can't be...I don't have to live there and to endure this crap...THEN I would hate it!  8)

Mr Grunwald

• Trusted Member
Erdoğan hate is more in Germans than Turks.

Can't be...I don't have to live there and to endure this crap...THEN I would hate it!  8)

Some country members tend to project their own Phobias towards other members of the international community, which I see very often when it comes to a context with Poland. There is a reason there ae no outwright wars going on between certain EU states. Cause politicians just try to secure their own voters support, and they don't tend to think about foreign policy but more about their own leaders value/attitude so forth

For BB Erdogan symbolizes a "strong-man" concept just like Putin and it's villified and looked down upon in Germany for obvious reasons
Golden heart, barks when has to

Rock

• Trusted Member
I agree with you Mr Grunwald.

Vlad123

• Trusted Member
  • YearsYearsYearsYears
Teach jihad at schools? State run, secular schools? In Turkey? What is happening in the world these days?  :(
So, you are comfortable about ban for evolution theory teaching? Do you believe in evolution? Do majority of Poles believe?

Mr Grunwald

• Trusted Member
So, you are comfortable about ban for evolution theory teaching? Do you believe in evolution? Do majority of Poles believe?

Last time I checked most Poles are catholic, meaning they don't take the bible too literally...
I don't think many sane people believe that earth was created in 6 days

Unless we are talking about America

AntV

• Trusted Member
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Jihad is considered as defending your country in case of an attack by non-muslims. Do not think it as salefi-wahhabi version.

Is that accurate?  My understanding is that it means struggle or striving against the enemies of Islam (as perceived by Islam, which can be understood as anyone who isn't Muslim). 

It is because Turkey is aware of her power and do not bow in front of west  ;)

Sounds like a nation of bad asses.   :D

Last time I checked most Poles are catholic, meaning they don't take the bible too literally...

Well, the theory of evolution and biblical exegesis are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things.  One (evolution) is scientific, the other (biblical exegesis) is theological.  They aren't substitutes.  Science is concerned merely with the created world, Theology is concerned with God and Man's relationship with Him.

No, America took much longer to create, that's why we're so much better.   :D

Mr Grunwald

• Trusted Member

Is that accurate?  My understanding is that it means struggle or striving against the enemies of Islam (as perceived by Islam, which can be understood as anyone who isn't Muslim). 

It is because Turkey is aware of her power and do not bow in front of west  ;)

Sounds like a nation of bad asses.   :D

Well, the theory of evolution and biblical exegesis are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things.  One (evolution) is scientific, the other (biblical exegesis) is theological.  They aren't substitutes.  Science is concerned merely with the created world, Theology is concerned with God and Man's relationship with Him.

No, America took much longer to create, that's why we're so much better.   :D

No, I wasn't talking about America in a literal sense, but about it's creationism politics  ::)
(Hopefully you were joking, anyways it gave me a good smile  ;D )