Author Topic: Strange reactions for foreigners speaking Polish  (Read 1445 times)

bzibzioh

• Trusted Member
  • ... and the hat
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Strange reactions for foriegners speaking Polish
« Reply #15 on: A year ago »
:) Is it the language or the people?

:D you know me so well ...

AntV

• Trusted Member
  • YearsYearsYearsYears
Strange reactions for foreigners speaking Polish
« Reply #16 on: A year ago »
 :D  Every Polish woman I know has negative feelings towards Italians.  And, every Italian woman I've come across doesn't care much for the Poles.

I have a theory to why this is: it's a competitive dislike.  Polish and Italian women are the most beautiful in the world, therefore the competitive drive to claw past each other to be number one has created a dislike.  The other stands in the way of the trophy.  ;D

I think we've completely blown up Albanaich's thread.  Sorry, Alb!

Tyrion

• Trusted Member
« Reply #17 on: A year ago »
^Poles should be thankful for Bona Sforza, Poland's Italian queen. Were it not for her, Polish cuisine wouldn't be as good! ;D
Pinche pendejo!

Albanaich

• Years
« Reply #18 on: A year ago »
I like that you are a dancer. Poles are decent social dancers I'd say. At the parties (in Canada) I'm often asked if I'm professional dancer. While in Poland I'm nothing special.

That's another story about my spell in Krakow during the summer. The dancing, like its really strange. Poles and Eastern Europeans generally are superb dancers, but are destructively good at choreography and technique while being very weak at improvisation. The age group is very young too - you are old if you are 30. Krakow is the place to dance. The first Friday I started at 21.00 and finished at 0400, Saturday the same, Sunday an early finish at 0200. Crazy stuff. Non stop dancing. It went on like that through August and September. Look up Dragon Swing Krakow on Youtube. Fabulous.

i'm pretty ace at Discofox, and an experienced Swing (WCS, Lindy, Balboa) dancer. I was in demand - which is quite something when you are 20 years older than the next oldest person on the floor.

The ballroom, salsa and AT scene is just as big. I've done AT and Salsa on previous visits to Poland, and they were just as good.

Bratwurst Boy

• Administrator
  • ...and the Helmet
« Reply #19 on: A year ago »
People are uncomfortable correcting someone's talk.

Not in Germany...we are comfortable correcting others....we might try to impress you with our English knowledge though...so you might not have many chances to try your German either... :D

bzibzioh

• Trusted Member
  • ... and the hat
« Reply #20 on: A year ago »
Krakow is the place to dance.

:D  You totally speak my language  :D  I'm from Krakow and I did learn dancing there first as a teenager. I've met my future husband at prof. Marian Wieczysty's dancing classes. I even had the honor of dancing with professor Wieczysty when he was presenting a new dance during the class... oh, the memories ...

i'm pretty ace at Discofox, and an experienced Swing (WCS, Lindy, Balboa) dancer. I was in demand - which is quite something when you are 20 years older than the next oldest person on the floor.

wow, impressive. I fancied myself milonguera about 10-12 years ago. Very demanding though; you need a lot of practice.  Now I like foxtrot and rumba most.

Look up Dragon Swing Krakow on Youtube. Fabulous.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPAIKyyye0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPAIKyyye0</a>

It's seriously fabulous. Two Sylvesters (New Year party) ago I went to the party and one Polish couple was dancing something like that couple at 1:47 min. I was wondering what that was. Now I know. Cool, very cool   8)

I watched professional dancing competition on TV only yesterday.  I thought the costumes were ridiculous; females were almost naked, the choreography way too complicated and the all fun was sucked out of it. The whole thing was off putting. I like much better the dancing in that Polish club; more fun and spontaneity.

Torq

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: A year ago »
When I hear you speak it, I'm expecting to hear the second-coming of Sir John Gielgud.  :)

That would be impossible I'm afraid, but I can try to pull off Sir Sylvester Stallone (on a good day).

AntV

• Trusted Member
  • YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: A year ago »
When I hear you speak it, I'm expecting to hear the second-coming of Sir John Gielgud.  :)

That would be impossible I'm afraid, but I can try to pull off Sir Sylvester Stallone (on a good day).

:D :D :D 

Albanaich

• Years
« Reply #23 on: A year ago »
I was wondering what that was. Now I know. Cool, very cool.

That's Lindy Hop, one of the 4 main Swing. The others are

West Coast Swing (WCS) (Tessa Cunninghame - Canadian Champion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTyg2lE95XE

Balboa  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjWQgLsyggI

Carolina Shag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2MMLaSOXzE

And of course Lindy Hop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4s3X-B2mrI