Author Topic: Polish Comic Books  (Read 1624 times)

Kapitan Zbik

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Polish Comic Books
« on: 6 years ago »
As a kid I used to be a great fan of comic books. My favourite ones were:

Kapitan Żbik (about a brave Polish policeman during People's Republic of Poland time :) )

Kajko i Kokosz (something like Asterix and Obelix, but with Slavic theme)

Tytus, Romek i A'tomek (about two boy scouts who tried to civilize a monkey - hilarious :) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_comics

In the People's Republic of Poland the term comic (komiks) was discouraged as a 'demoralising Western influence' and the terms 'graphic stories' (historyjki obrazkowe) or 'color books' (kolorowe zeszyty) were preferred instead; they were actually illegal and forbidden from 1947 to 1957. In modern Poland those terms have largely been forgotten, and the formerly discouraged English loanword is now the main term for the medium.

What were/are your favourite comic books?
« Last Edit: 6 years ago by Kapitan Zbik »

Torq

• Administrator
Polish Comic Books
« Reply #1 on: 6 years ago »
I was quite fond of Kajko i Kokosz comics myself. Much better than
Asterix and Obelix, in my opinion.

I also liked Captain Kloss - it's about a Polish spy in Abwehr during WW2 :)

Marynka

Polish Comic Books
« Reply #2 on: 6 years ago »
Does anyone remember Tytus, Romek i Atomek? I used to be my favorite part of Swiat mlodych.

How-do i start dating again after a divorce Dating site for seniors in canada How long to transfer money from nz to australia Part time jobs for holidays in johannesburg What currency do they use in prague How to make money doing online jobs List home based business tax write offs Best business to start on the web I want to start my own business from home uk Ways to make money online in the uk Average time to date before marriage Online daten zonder registratie Lawrence ks dating sites Funny things to put on a dating website Meeting site Event agentur thomas jaeger speed dating Dating sites in the world Questions to ask when you are first dating Online dating site sitemap Markt de sie sucht ihn Frankfurt Dating Websites Dating site Prestamos online Prestamos Spain Prestamos Annonce site de rencontre Rencontres numeriques fifo Pedir credito rapido sin aval Testing onlinejobs Cheap original research papers Buy essay online from a reputable custom writing service 28 year old woman dating a 18 year old boy Stay at-home jobs in oklahoma Online jobs von zu hause Looking for part time job toronto How to easy earn money on online? Internet job Online Job Pujck do 3000 online hned bez registru Nebankovni pujcky bez potvrzeni o prijmu teplice Best single dating site in usa and canada How to make money without online anything Best sites to earn money online